Monday, January 13, 2014

I left With You

Never had I believed I would live that moment with you.
I always thought I would die without it.
I remember your arms beside me, clutching the soft ground.
I saw the indigo sky woven in your dark hair.
Then I saw your canyon deep eyes.
And it was then that I left with you, to some other oasis

And the water was so sweet- like blond taffy.
I remember the ocean water, and your face was the sand.
I recall the blazing sun and the chill water -over and over-
A days worth in moments.
Then I saw your seashell smile
And It was then that I left the body, to be with you in spirit.

Into the sky we went, away from the morning we escaped.
We chased the stars across the earth.
And soon we grew tired of the chase,
and seeked the haven of outer space
You held me amongst the cosmos
Where the clouds were violet and glittering with stars

Then, after souring for years in my mind, and seconds in my heart,
With our eyes full of galaxies,
I shed a tear, and a single star caressed my cheek.
You touched your velvet skin on mine,
and your hands held a mild warmth with tender touch.
And It was then that I left with you, into heaven.



Artwork by Joerg Peter Hamann


Wrote this today in class. :) Hope everyone's NewYear is off to a great Start.
-Courtney





No comments:

Post a Comment