Monday, November 4, 2013

Sun Into The Leaves

Sun Into the Leaves

I don’t know where time has gone

as the sun loses its strength

and leaves the reminder what it once was

and what it will be again in the leaves.



I don’t know what to feel for you-

my heart kept the love alive,

but its dwindling-

so much has changed like the world always does.



My love once burned as strong

or perhaps stronger than the sun

and now has receded into the deepest part of my heart

like the sun into the leaves.



You are almost now a figment of my imagination-

you seem more like a dream I dreamt

a long time ago and still cling to

than a real person that I love.



A changing lifestyle has forced us apart,

I’m no longer the eager carefree soul I once was,

I only show the happiest side of me

when I have you to look forward to.



I long for the days before time caught us up

and chance pulled us apart

and I learned what you are

and heard it from your own mouth.



I don’t want what you are

and what time and chance are

to break my heart and find me another.



A beautiful submission by Mia from USA. 
Leave some feedback below for our fellow poet!
Check out Mia's DA profile as MEMartist: HERE 
Also check out the original post: HERE 
(And don't forget to share your poetry with us on the top right of the blog! *Make sure to become a member first to verify your submission!*) Thanks again for the awesome submission Mia!


No comments:

Post a Comment