Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tired

Tired

I’m so tired of
Spilling out poetry
About being broken
I have enough bandages
To build me a rope up to heaven
(Or maybe even down to hell)

Perhaps they’re culminating
In the center of my chest
That would explain the
Weight of an anvil
That can’t be shaken

I’ve got a diagnosis
For that reason why
I’ve been leaving class every day
For two grueling weeks
I’ve got meds that don’t work
And confidential conversations
And a few scabs on my leg
 From when I decided
To play with scissors

I’ve got a sadness towards myself
That I can’t expel
It’s an assailant in the night
Coming and going
Impossible to trace
No one understands it
I don’t understand it

I just want it to stop.
I want to disappear
Into a book
Or a journal page
And leave behind
The inexplicable tears

I’m tired of feeling weak
When everyone is telling me
How strong I am
And feeling ugly
When people tell me
That they think I’m beautiful
And not wanting to talk
When everyone is
By my side, lending an ear

Most of all, though
I just hate feeling tired.



A thoughtful submission by Olivia from USA. 
Leave some feedback below for our fellow poet!
Check out Olivia's DA profile as xLuckyxFridayx13x: HERE 
Also check out the original post: HERE 
(And don't forget to share your poetry with us on the top right of the blog! *Make sure to become a member first to verify your submission!*) Thanks again for the awesome submission Olivia!


No comments:

Post a Comment