Thursday, October 24, 2013

Awakening


One day
  I won't wake up 


At least, not to the sound of your voice
And the touch of your lips on my cheek
    Because you'll be gone
    And I'll be vanquished and abandoned .



You told me to trust you
  That you'll never leave me 
But my faith was never very strong
Even if my imagination was .



And you know that I fear
The forsaken life
I tried to leave behind;
You know that I don't want to go back .
   (I can't hold onto everything
      As I watch my life fall to pieces.)



And I've watched you as you sleep
  By my side, curled up in the blankets
I've watched your lips move and heard you
  As you whisper my name and move closer.



But one day, I won't wake up
To your sweet smile and loving eyes
    And I fear the day that you finally wake up
    And realize what you've gotten yourself into.



A woeful piece about loving someone so much that you would be crushed if you lost him or her. Sometimes we fear that people will leave us, and sometimes we imagine it to be for stupid reasons. It's also really hard to know when someone really loves you. You can never be too sure. Over all a very touching, thoughtful piece by Silverthorne-Studios
Leave some feedback below for our fellow poet!
Check out Silverthorne-Studios DA profile: HERE 
Also check out the original post: HERE 
(And don't forget to share your poetry with us on the top right of the blog!) Thanks again for the awesome submission Silverthorne-Studios!

No comments:

Post a Comment