Saturday, October 19, 2013

Broken Door IV


I let one person go through this door before,

And currently they no longer exist to me.

I know for a fact that you were a different one,

But was it us that was truly meant to be?

I opened the door like I had years ago,

However the one that walked through loved me.

I felt happy, amazing, the best I had ever been.

But I understand things are never meant to last, you see.


Just a year later, you walked out just like the one before.

Except this time, you took much much more.

My dark world got darker.

And the coldness felt colder.

But, unlike the other one, you did something else too.

You offer to stay as a friend if I want, which of I do.

And no matter want I won't regret all of this.

But I know deep down I can't accept this as bliss.


I know you want to stay as a friend,

But I don't want the feeling to end.

I want so much more still,

But you can't say "I will".

I feel like I am in a worse prison now than I was before.

One that offers both misery and bliss, and it makes me sore.

Because I rather have you as a friend than nothing at all,

But I want to be more, and that's entirely your call.

My only option left is to leave the door open wide.

And just hope that one day you are back by my side.

But from your actions, I know that may never be.

So instead I stand motionless, hoping something saves me.



Regards,

Eric "Infirnex" Tracey








An Amazing entry by Supersonix07! 
Check out his DA profile: HERE 
Also check out the original post: HERE 
(And don't forget to share your poetry with us on the top right of the blog!) Thanks again for the awesome submission Supersonix07 !

No comments:

Post a Comment