Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Floating Away

In the dawn's light you emerge
In the crip morning
Smiling and looking away with fellings you sometimes ignore
Yet, nothing compares to your deep, erotic eyes
 I soak in your stare
As if I was submerged in the ocean
And when I rise from the ocean
you will be there
Waiting on a single, lonely raft
You would reach out your hand
 and I would take it
I would dry in rays of the tropical sun
And though my hair would be straggly
You would still brush it from my face
and you would still smile
I would float with you forever

But in a more hopeful light
We are not the ones stranded
Our hearts are
As we leak smiles
Our hearts soar away
Into the sky maybe
But they are not in reality
And when we must part
Sometime in the night
Only our bodies part
Our hearts still soar together
Somewhere far from reality

And everyday I long to see you
Basking in the dawns light
Because I know
When I look into your eyes
 I will fall into the ocean again
And I will float with you
For a little while longer

-The Helpless Romantic

No comments:

Post a Comment