Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Lost Minds

Your velvet hand
Or is it a lizard on a window pane?
Oh
It's both
I should have known better
Why do I seem to be shoved away?
Why does your shove begin to feel
More and more
Like a beast's each day?
I seem
To be going back down
Down to the place you dragged me from
And you seem to not even care
So can someone pass me a fix?
Cause I'm going down
Down where shattered eyes rule

What hides beneath the skin?
Only shadows
That love to smile at misery
No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
The words rule my once
Innocent mind
Why can't I turn back?
Why can't I have you back?
Why do I have to  run from these
Smiling shadows?
I miss those clear eyes
That always made me smile from within
This soot painted heart
I miss those burnished days
When the felicity was like
A pup running in a day
That would last forever

When our minds wonder so far enough to question the truth, they become lost. Things that are wrong and things that are right are woven into the way of someones life. And when the one you love has a dark heart, you learn to crave it regardless. What a great submission by Amanda from USA. :)
Leave some feedback below for our fellow poet!
Check out Amanda's DA profile as Fay-13: HERE 
Also check out the original post: HERE 
(And don't forget to share your poetry with us on the top right of the blog!) Thanks again for the awesome submission Amanda!

No comments:

Post a Comment