Sunday, October 20, 2013

Derailed

Waiting on the platform, hoping for the sound

Of the wheels that rumble in the misty distance.


No schedule or announcement to signal its approach,


No one around for me to ask assistance.

It comes and goes so stealthily, never screeching to a stop.


Sometimes it hits me at a hundred miles per hour.


That's when I get a rush, that racing high, that steals my breath away.


Though I wish I could be struck a little gentler.

Oh here's my chance! It's coming now! Already within view.


Doors open wide, welcoming me to join the ride.


But a voice calls out, I turn around, and it zips out of sig
ht again!

Ugh, right before I had the chance to step inside...

And there it chugs away again, whistling its farewell.


That blasted train I've hardly ever caught.


So here I wait impatiently for its unpredictable return,


My stupid. Little. BLOODY Train of Thought.





A creative piece about missing the perfect opportunity. We've all been there! An Amazing entry by Undiscoveredmuse. Leave a comment for our fellow poet!
Check out her DA profile: HERE 
Also check out the original post: HERE 
(And don't forget to share your poetry with us on the top right of the blog!) Thanks again for the awesome submission Undiscoveredmuse !

No comments:

Post a Comment